This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Release] TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.8
TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.8

TinkerOS default username is “linaro”, password is “linaro”

Release Notes
*Changelog
1. Merge Upstream/Rockchip (commit: 40e8774, kernel: 4.4.132).
2. Upgrade Mali driver, libmali from r9p0 to r13p0
3. Upgrade Linaro package to 20180823
4. Upgrade to Rockchip new ISP driver. (User needs to switch CSI camera by device tree overlay)
5. Support IMX219 with AE/AWB functions.
6. Add OV5647 overlay.
7. Supported Wake On LAN from Suspend to RAM.
8. Support more USB DACs.
9. Add brightness node and support backlight control for DSI Touch Display.
10. Enable FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_ROTATION, to support display rotation for the framebuffer console.
11. Update DS18B20 driver, enable w1_res attribute to support convert time setting.
12. Enable USB_SERIAL_MOS7840 kernel driver.
13. Support ES90x8 Q2M based DAC board.
14. Merge pull request #18, enable more kernel config for iptables.
15. Support Wi-Fi Direct.
16. Enable BT_BNEP kernel configs, to support BNEP protocol.
17. Pre-install cron & logroate package, to support log rotation.
18. Fix Wi-Fi function may fail at first time boot.
19. Improve HDMI hot-plug detection and resolution auto setting.

MD5:
1f1d874a301e156af562618280cdab23 (zip)
0e78b5ff1c1a95494a90dba6ff55a198 (img)

2.0.7 release: link
[-] The following 2 users Like Tinker Board's post:
  • JeanMerveille, Travi5
Cool, will try it later today
1. Will this enable apt-get dist-upgrade for future versions? Or we still must reflash every future version?
2. Will this enable backlight controls for the official raspberry pi 7" touchscreen?
Good Evening!

Will this release:

3. Give working versions of Thunderbird & Firefox?
4. Be faster?
5. And run Wine properly?

I have switched to Armbian, and what a difference.  Downloads are faster, programs open faster, and T-bird and Firefox work with no problem.  And all that on a MicroSD card vs. TOS on the eMMC.  Thanx for the update.  Radioman
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radioman's post:
  • JRARocketer
Seems to be working well, and is fast. youtube plays fine in chromium at 1080p, i could install firefox-esr but it did not run

i can watch netflix in chromium 67 using surfer_tims fix below (chromium 63 seems to be installed as part of 2.0.8 but ,could not play netflix even after the netflix hack)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrovcp0m1yq1nt...m.zip?dl=0
It includes Chromium v67, widevine v67, Pepper video player, and a new chromium.desktop file.
Download and unpack. Change to TinkerChromium directory and run

sudo ./install.sh
If it asks to replace flags, I selected 'Y'.

seems to need a reboot after this

run chromium using
chromium --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36"

the only downside is this version of chromium does not seem to have any min max buttons on the window
(11-24-2018, 02:17 PM)Z80 Wrote: Seems to be working well, and is fast. youtube plays fine in chromium at 1080p, i could install firefox-esr but it did not run

i can watch netflix in chromium 67 using surfer_tims fix below (chromium 63 seems to be installed as part of 2.0.8 but ,could not play netflix even after the netflix hack)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrovcp0m1yq1nt...m.zip?dl=0
It includes Chromium v67, widevine v67, Pepper video player, and a new chromium.desktop file.
Download and unpack. Change to TinkerChromium directory and run

sudo ./install.sh
If it asks to replace flags, I selected 'Y'.

seems to need a reboot after this

run chromium using
chromium --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36"

the only downside is this version of chromium does not seem to have any min max buttons on the window

Thanks Z80.  Unfortunately, I am not using the TBS for video or audio, just as a desktop.  I don't use google products unless there are absolutely no other alternatives available, which is why I am using Armbian.  The only trouble there is the screen (a Dell 19") would do the sporadic blinking.  I changed the TB resolution and that helped quite a bit, but still experience it when using lots of system resources.   That monitor has no problem when using the TOS or on my RPi3B+. I'm thinking that an upgrade to a HD monitor would resolve it, but I am loathe to spend money if that isn't the problem.  Anyway, probably the wrong place to post this but it seems related.  Radioman
I'd like if there will be a version stripped down of any Desktop Environment. Then from there one can decide whether install it. That because some user/maker will work without a GUI.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Agreed!
I haven't see any ssh server running. Luckily I learned to get connected by UART. But is not a good option for whom doesn't have an USB adapter.
It seems that hostapd is started, but I didn't see any AP, am I wrong ?

Anyway thanks to the developers for their efforts to bring a better system.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Welcome news -- Thank you.

As for, "Add brightness node and support backlight control for DSI Touch Display". . .

/sys/class/backlight is still empty (unlike Raspbian), and no GUI or other method to control the backlight is apparent to me.

Can you be a bit more explicit about ASUS's implementation of this feature?

Thanks again.