This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mipi connecter
Hello Everyone

I have purchased Tinker Board S and it has 15 pin mipi dsi connecter.I want to connect an LCD display module which has 24 pin fpc cable.
How should I connect the display with tinker board.
Please help
(11-28-2018, 12:07 PM)Chirag Wrote: Hello Everyone

I have purchased Tinker Board S and it has 15 pin mipi dsi connecter.I want to connect an LCD display module which has 24 pin fpc cable.
Please help

What is your LCD interface? LVDS, eDP, etc.
In Tinker Board or RPi, output interface have HDMI & MIPI-DSI (2lane, 15pin).
So you need take a check your LCD spec, and prepare a signal convert board to bridge them.
(11-29-2018, 07:38 AM)Tinker Board Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 12:07 PM)Chirag Wrote: Hello Everyone

Please help

What is your LCD interface? LVDS, eDP, etc.
In Tinker Board or RPi, output interface have HDMI & MIPI-DSI (2lane, 15pin).
So you need take a check your LCD spec, and prepare a signal convert board to bridge them.

I have two types of lcd display module
1.With 24-bit parallel RGB,50 pins interface and
2.With MIPI 24 pin interface.
Can i connect that MIPI 24 pins or 50 pins RGB with tinker board 15 pin MIPI interface.

Do u have the data sheet of tinker board MIPI interface?
thanks
You may look at its schematics
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(12-01-2018, 03:42 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: You may look at its schematics

Hi

Thanks for the schematics.
I have found the MIPI pin description of lcd panel.Is it possible to make a connector that can connect the 24 MIPI pins of LCD with 15 MIPI pins of tinker board.
I am attaching the pin description of both lcd panel and tinker board.

Please help Cry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

According to my knowledge they seem not compatible. But I wish an engineer will give you a complete description.
I said not compatible because for the TB it shows a I2C connection which the other party has not.
Hi

I want an lcd module which has 15pin MIPI interface so that I can connect it to the 15pin MIPI-DSI connector.

I have searched a lot for the display but no one is providing the 15 pin MIPI interface.

Please suggest any lcd module which can connect to MIPI-DSI connector of Tinker board.

Thanks
May be this one. Unless you plan to use a bigger.