This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Development Setup
Hi All,

Just opened my 1st TinkerBoard!

I came from a Windows IOT background but after realising the OS was limited I switched to Raspbian.  Highly addictive stuff and I have completely abandoned Windows.

I wrote a surveillance software app (as we all do if ur a developer) and managed to stream mpjeg and extract jpegs from that stream.

Trouble is that  the image quality was fixed in the firmware at 20%. No good to me,. Hence porting everything over to the TinkerBoard.

However, i am stuck at the 1st hurdle: How to you use git to install software?  Git does not appear to be installed. How can I install it?

Please bear with me with my stupid questions. I will be pro-active on this board and will give as well as take.

thanks
(11-28-2018, 01:55 PM)informed Wrote: How to you use git to install software?  Git does not appear to be installed. How can I install it?

All packages are managed by apt or the GUI counterpart synaptic. So if you are interested about git, you might go for a terminal and issue the command to inquire the database.
Code:
$ sudo apt update      # update the database
$ apt-cache search git-core
devscripts - scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer easier
git - fast, scalable, distributed revision control system
git-core - fast, scalable, distributed revision control system (obsolete)
But, anyway, you will get it installed by
Code:
$ sudo apt install git
If you're uncomfortable with terminal interface, the you might find synaptic the tool that will fulfill your request Wink
NOTE the $ means the terminal is started by a user that currently is logged in.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Thanks I will try this out soon Smile