This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenGL ES no hardware acceleration
Hi,
I'm planning to release my SDL2 game for SBCs too.
The game runs smoothly on Tinker Board under Android.
However under Tinker OS (newest stock image) hardware acceleration seems to be off. It also gives an error message about missing rockchip_drv.so.
How do I get an accelerated ES 3.0 content, and what install instructions should I give to potential users starting from stock Tinker OS?
(An ES 2.0 version already works on the PI3)

Initcode:

SDL_VideoInit(0);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION, 0);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK, SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_ES);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER, 1);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE, 24);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_STENCIL_SIZE, 4);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_ALPHA_SIZE, 8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_RED_SIZE, 8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE, 8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE, 8);

int x = 0, y = 0;
SDL_DisplayMode dm;
SDL_GetDesktopDisplayMode(0, &dm);

x = dm.w;
y = dm.h;

gWindow = SDL_CreateWindow("Tricky Machines", SDL_WINDOWPOS_CENTERED, SDL_WINDOWPOS_CENTERED, x, y, SDL_WINDOW_OPENGL | SDL_WINDOW_SHOWN | SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN | SDL_WINDOW_RESIZABLE|SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI);

gContext = SDL_GL_CreateContext(gWindow);

renderer = SDL_CreateRenderer(gWindow, -1, SDL_RENDERER_ACCELERATED | SDL_RENDERER_TARGETTEXTURE);

SDL_GL_SetSwapInterval(1);

thanks
Hello,

Any success with this one ?
Hardware support for OpenGLES 3.0 is essential to me.

I appreciate any help or advice
Have a great day