This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display resolution lockup
My first Tinker Board.
Connected via HDMI to a Mitsubishi 65" rear projection TV.
Desktop display is out of bounds. I need to lower resolution or resize screen.

I have a Tinker board S. I loaded TinkerOS Debian v2.0.8. Display resolution defaults to 1920x1080. When changing resolution to anything lower, in my case, screen goes black. The screen comes back without a resolution change and everything is locked up. I have to power off and power on to get back to square one.

How can I change the resolution or resize the screen without locking things up?

Thanks for any assist.
im amazed a rear projection tv has an hdmi port, my guess is the tv can only support one resolution, due to it being old technology
I'm facing a similar problem with a Toshiba REGZA 32. The initial screen is beyond the visible size. I used to adjust to 1440x768 by xrandr.
It's hard to find the menu bar to open a console terminal, but with the key combination ALT+F1 I can open it and find the lxterminal.
So for this use case, first it should need to find which resolution is accepted by the monitor
Code:
$ xrandr --verbose
So one of the possible monitors will be described with all possible resolution and which could be set.

When found a valid resolution, then the command can be added to ~/.config/autostart with a .desktop file.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin