This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suppressor Diode
By carelessness I injected 10v on my plate. She does not care.

The circuit is shorted. Anyone know, what is the board's suppressor diode?
There is a schematic for the tinker board.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Im4Tinker's post:
  • Augusto
(12-05-2018, 05:54 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: There is a schematic for the tinker board.

The scheme is incomplete and there are no component locations either.
Sorry, that is what is published. There are some kind of protections, but I doubt there's one for over-voltage supply.
You might prepare one whit a zener (rather robust) and a fuse. The fuse will blow once the zener will start to conduce. Or even a better system that will short the input when the voltage will exceed the limits, so the fuse will be blown.
(12-06-2018, 02:16 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: Sorry, that is what is published. There are some kind of protections, but I doubt there's one for over-voltage supply.
You might prepare one whit a zener (rather robust) and a fuse. The fuse will blow once the zener will start to conduce. Or even a better system that will short the input when the voltage will exceed the limits, so the fuse will be blown.

I wonder if there is any way to fix my TB?
(12-06-2018, 10:32 AM)Augusto Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 02:16 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: Sorry, that is what is published. There are some kind of protections, but I doubt there's one for over-voltage supply.

Try using the 0v and 5v gpio pins and power via them, this may bypass any fuses etc
I wonder if there is any way to fix my TB?
(12-06-2018, 10:32 AM)Augusto Wrote: I wonder if there is any way to fix my TB?
I seriously doubt there will be a fix after suck strike, unless your are able and equipped to work on SMT and find where to replace damaged components.... Otherwise anything would go for a higher cost than buying another brand new TB.