This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which OS version shall I use for the tinker board?
I am having a tinker board(without S), but it makes confuse what's the latest version of TinkerOS.
In the official site www.asus.com/us/Single-Board-Computer/Tinker-Board/
it gives the link of 1.8 version: 
dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Linux/Tinker_Board_2GB/20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip

But in the latest version, the link of download URL which contains "Tinker_Board_S" as below:

dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Linux/Tinker_Board_S/20181023-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.8.img.zip

So it's possible to install the new version(2.0.8) into Tink Board(without S)?
TBS or no-S is the same kernel. The difference resides on the way the hardware detects the MASKROM configuration. Which is a bit of trouble on the S version.
FYI i installed the latest 2.0.8 on a SD card, without problems. Therefore it won't be a problem to burn a SD card for that. If you'll get some issue, feel free to come back an tell us about it.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Im4Tinker's post:
  • arceajin
(12-21-2018, 02:24 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: TBS or no-S is the same kernel. The difference resides on the way the hardware detects the MASKROM configuration. Which is a bit of trouble on the S version.
FYI i installed the latest 2.0.8 on a SD card, without problems. Therefore it won't be a problem to burn a SD card for that. If you'll get some issue, feel free to come back an tell us about it.

Thanks, I indeed faced some problems with 2.0.8 version + SD card.
1. The web browser crash immediately after opens it(found the solution).
2. The whole OS freeze after I access USB camera using gst-launch
Code:
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=640,height=480 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink