This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about running Android, but some questions first.
I am currently running Debian and I'm running into a lot of issues. I want a simple OS that I can use for things like Netflix, Discord, youtube via a browser and possibly skype.

Which stable version of Android should I run in order to get the most of what I'm looking for?
Any version available for TB will work for this Wink
@Silk
@sobrinho 

Good evening.

I installed Android 7.xx for the Tinker a week ago and I noticed some problems:

1) an external keyboard can be set in Android's settings as German QWERTZ keyboard, but only apparently, because the effective Tataur layout remains American English.

I'm afraid this will also be the case with other keyboard layouts.
The internal, Android screen keyboard, can be changed, an external (bluetooth-) keyboard probably not.

2) Netflix can be installed via the playstore, but when starting the program you get the error message:
"This app is not compatible with your device. You can download a compatible version from the Netflix website".

Then follow the instructions on the screen.
But beware: in the further course the suggestion appears to complete the download with lightning.
That didn't work for me.  I waited and waited, but nothing happened.
So everything from the front and instead of lightning firefox selected.
Hits!
The playback quality is great!
The small expenditure is worthwhile itself.
Good luck
Karl

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator