This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
explain how i can format my sd card for my tinker s
I want to use the old 6.0.1 image but i am not sure what i am doing wrong can someone give me a step by step please.

my pie os was easyer to install just wondering why this one wont?
To install the OS on TB, there's no need to format. Just copy the chosen image and the formatting will be there.
Later you might change a little your layout. But don't write on the first 4 Megabytes, they're reserved for booting the system.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(12-27-2018, 01:29 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: To install the OS on TB, there's no need to format. Just copy the chosen image and the formatting will be there.
Later you might change a little your layout. But don't write on the first 4 Megabytes, they're reserved for booting the system.

what do you mean. are you just saying to pull the iso to the card and try to boot like that with out the boot stick tools like win32 something?

or should i just use the ones i use to burn to a flash drive my linux distros?

(12-27-2018, 01:29 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: To install the OS on TB, there's no need to format. Just copy the chosen image and the formatting will be there.

explain what you mean about 4mb? your really confuseing me can you treat me like a bran dead dummy i forgot most of what i know from my pie. I just thought the tinker would be fun to try and learn and use and now i am trying to get 6.0.1 running as i like that better then 7.0 and 7.0.1.

i am not installing linux on the sd just a heads up.

just trying to get it running on a micro sd and boot it like i did my pie with any os? what am i doing wrong I tryed to use both tool software but i feel like i am missing something?

what do you guys think?

edit

I am trying to follow this and this

https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/images...Etcher.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...3p68xhxQyE

but i am doing something wrong
(12-27-2018, 02:22 AM)Kawar Wrote: [to boot like that with out the boot stick tools like win32 something?
Non exactly that. Formatting is one method an cloning is another. The formatting doesn't imply to contain any file, but cloning does.
(12-27-2018, 02:22 AM)Kawar Wrote: explain what you mean about 4mb?

If you use to clone, you won't need to know anything about it. Anyway that memory part is dedicated to boot the system.

The links you've posted are doing what is called cloning the image to mass memory.
(12-27-2018, 11:39 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 02:22 AM)Kawar Wrote: [to boot like that with out the boot stick tools like win32 something?
Non exactly that. Formatting is one method an cloning is another. The formatting doesn't imply to contain any file, but cloning does.
(12-27-2018, 02:22 AM)Kawar Wrote: explain what you mean about 4mb?

If you use to clone, you won't need to know anything about it. Anyway that memory part is dedicated to boot the system.

The links you've posted are doing what is called cloning the image to mass memory.

I have no idea what your talking about. can you write out a step by step how 2 for me please asus is useless they are taking like a week to get back 2 me. I am starting to lose interest in working with the tinker board. if everything is going to be this much of a pain.

PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU

just write me out a step by step for dummys for windows please
Asus had provided you a working board. The system was supposed to work out of the box. As long as the OS in the Tinker Board is not a Microsoft one, it is expected that you gather a bit of background on the Open Source OSs. But even it was a Microsoft OS, the same should be necessary.
I wrote some idea to handle certain situation and how to write the OS into the Tinker Board. Go here and download the attachment.
Even you'll start to read the discussion from the first post might improve your knowledge and become able to master your system.

In most of the cases, there's few or nothing to do within windows OS. The program to clone the image is Etcher or dd for windows. There's another one, rawwrite.exe, but not really suitable for the purpose.

So if you need to solve your mishap you'll need to improve your knowledge, or ask whom has it, near to you, whether you're short of patience.