This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker S flashing and the horrible US website
Hi all! i just got a tinker board S, and im having a nightmare getting an image flashed on the eMMC storage, when i first plugged it in it read as 2 linux mas storage devices and i was able to flash the image from the us website on it with etcher as suggested, hook up my screen, keyboard/mouse and power NOTHING after a little research I found some community discussion about how i need a version of TinkerOs(linux) NEWER THAN THE ONE HOSTED ON THE SITE!? and I need to get it from the UK website? how was someone supposed to know this or that the websites were different? LOL more importantly it seems to bricked now, I found the newer version on the UK site but now my PC cant see the hardware anymore it shows up as unknown device or not at all :/ I really wanted this piece of kit but so far this is pretty abysmal anyone know how to reflash this thing?
Have you read this ?
You may find my writeup interesting.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
I actually just got it working again last night! was able to find a micro sd and a card reader and flashed that and am now booted and running tinker os debian, snappy little machine! thanks for the reply!
So my writeup may help you to recover the initial condition. I hope so.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin