This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting to PWM and GPIO makes my motor to start
Sorry I can't give any figure as long as I don't know how many mA are flowing through the connection. You should put your multimeter in series to the connection and check it.

Furthermore I don't know what could be the mathematical formula which will determine at which voltage level the DRV8835 will respond to a valid starting level.

Perhaps  you need a few number of capacitors an try.They might be of 1000 uF, 220 uF, 100 uF, 50 uF and 10 uF, later it might be possible to play further delay with a resistor, which might not be necessary on the first testing. Within less than a USD you will find them to the nearest shop of  electronic components.

Other simpler option, it need to discover what is the current drawn by the DRV8835 Vcc pin. If that is lower than 12 mA, then you may use another TB pin to enable the start on the DRV8835, by supplying the Vcc with a TB GPIO pin, controlled by the program. In case the current is higher it may take a little MOSFET to boost the amps flow.

BTW, Highly appreciated if you don't repeat my messages, I'm able to read the original
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin