This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using usb LiDAR makes TB to reboot
Hi,

I have bought this LiDAR:

https://github.com/robopeak/rplidar_ros

And I am using pins on TB:
17, 14, 19, 35, 23, 22 1, 9, 223, 224

When I start my LiDAR and also start my motors+encoders TB suddenly stops everything and dies.

Also, LiDAR causes some vibrations to my TB, can it also make it to die?

What might be the problem here?
I'd start to check what the journal may say
Code:
$ sudo journalctl -b -1
After rebooting from a crash.
Secondly you should consider the current demand from the device. It might be better to use a buffer in between the TB and the LIDAR, to drive the motors.
I think that the RK3288 may just deliver a maximum of 200 mW or less. This sounds like a maximum of 200 mW / 3.5 = 60 mA, therefore just 5 pins might stand for 12 mA sinking current, perhaps sourcing current is lesser than that.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(01-09-2019, 12:24 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: I'd start to check what the journal may say
Code:
$ sudo journalctl -b -1
After rebooting from a crash.
Secondly you should consider the current demand from the device. It might be better to use a buffer in between the TB and the LIDAR, to drive the motors.
I think that the RK3288 may just deliver a maximum of 200 mW or less. This sounds like a maximum of 200 mW / 3.5 = 60 mA, therefore just 5 pins might stand for 12 mA sinking current, perhaps sourcing current is lesser than that.

Hi, yes I also thought that. I was sourcing from the powerbank that delivers 2.1 A and probably it was not sufficient. Then I used the power source and it worked. So as power source was delivering 3A, I bought a different powebank with 2.4 A output and it worked.
Oh, yeah. If your system is supplied only by battery, just take care that battery has to stand for a maximum demand from TB around 2.5 A. That is when some device is connected to the USB.
Which means to prevent power glitches that causing resets on the Tinker board.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin