This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any thinker board emulator or simulator for linux?
I need to start programming for Tinker Board using Tinker OS. 

I come from a software background using high level languages ... I am not  too bad with c++ and linux. 

Just curious if there is any tinker os emulator so I don't need use an actual board ....(sth. like Oracle VM virtual box.)

Thank you,
Nope. The best what you can have is a generic ARM emulator. If your programing will include board specific hw functions you can forget about. There is no such thing - you will need to create one or just code on the board.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
Qemu gets a bit close to that, but not entirely.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
I would suggest just writing your program so it works in Debian. Unless you really do something special it will build and run on Tinker OS as well.
(01-12-2019, 07:56 PM)mikeitexpert Wrote: I need to start programming for Tinker Board using Tinker OS.
I've started something, but procrastinated  Undecided 
You may develop you thing on another linux box upto completion. Then transfer it to TB. As jschwart suggest, it preferable if you'll use a debian based distro to develop your program (less incongruence). Beware of kind of timing or heavy load conditions that may vary when going to the TB.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin