This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird error .... L2C: failed to init: -19
I am having a problem with tinker os ... here is what I did

1) Burned the 20181023-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.8.img on SSD card.

2) Started the thinker os and let it boot up for a minute.

3) Connected the my OLD samsong monitor with VAG to HDMI converter to my Tinker Board 

4) it showed up the GUI just fine for just 1-min 

5) Then GUI disappeared and show the attached error message which I have no clue what it means: undefined

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByXK1tl1wF7OcmZ1eEZYYnkxU2U2dk42ZzV0Xy1ENGE5QzhN/view?usp=sharing

6) Then it keeps showing a black screen and then the error message above in loop alternatively ...

I am totally confused as I am not Linux hacker ... I know ubuntu to a moderate level (general stuff and commands) but I am absolutely clues less what the error message means.

Please let me know.

Regards
That picture is not giving much idea what is going wrong. According your presentation I feel you're a newcomer and troubleshooting may require you some lengthy explanation.
So we try gradually.
First step it would take you to set up a remote connection to the TB. I discourage to use windows to do the connection for various incompatibilities. Therefore you should have a linux box running.

It takes to setup a SSH connection
Prior of that, it should take to setup a DHCP server

As you get there, by your own learning or by a skilled friend help. You may get connected through the house router or with a LAN cable. Later you should be able to login and get the information with this command
Code:
$ sudo journalctl -b -1 >/save/to/file
The command should be done after you reboot from the previous crash.
Later you should transfer the file and post it to a file sharing host like this so we are able to diagnose your problem.

PS. Login user ID is linaro and password too. IIRC.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
This is really a weird error ...

Before once I could start the GUI mode and I was able to connect using my router wifi ... and even I was able to SSH to my wifi times and times successfully ...

Anyway, I managed to run the journalctl command as you mentioned after the crash with just the keyboard and typing blindly Smile
(with no screen as the issue seems to happen only when I connect my monitor )

... I was able to generate the output files but there was nothing in the output file. :|

Please note that the issue happens when I connect my VGA monitor to an htmi converter and then to the thinker board (I don't have hdmi connector on my monitor cuz it is old) ... so I think there is sth going wrong when I connect my monitor/converter. otherwise I would have NOT been able to generate the output file as per "$ sudo journalctl -b -1 >/save/to/file"

so what I am looking for here is just a way to stop monitor auto detection process and prevent the os from trying to find the best resolution for the monitor and just go with an acceptable default.
Maybe it will be possible to stop to load the GUI. then you may get hands on the logs. Otherwise it might possible to switch to another terminal by pressing CTRL+ALT+Fn (n = 2 through 7).

Another test, it might need to try to a HDMI natural port display. This will ascertain whether is the adapter the main cause.
Quote:I was able to generate the output files but there was nothing in the output file.

Oops, I think the systemd still not fully functional on a debian & derived. Mostly is not allowed to keep any record in the journal. The developers still in love with syslog.
Therefore you probably find several logs in /var/log. To read then will be easy by a linux box and plug the SD card or the TB on an USB port.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin