This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Boot Android
for the use of android I advise you to use an approved sandisk A1 you will have no slowdown and no bug concerning android
 I'm french

Have you tried to write the image with "Win32 Disk-Imager" on the SD Card?
I tried "Win32 Disk-Imager". I am going to yet try another MicroSD card. This time I am getting a "SanDisk Extreme Pro MicroSDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 64GB"
Still not working. Now I am going to try to flash the image from a Linux OS.
(01-26-2019, 08:06 PM)flightbit Wrote: Still not working. Now I am going to try to flash the image from a Linux OS.

Had the same problem.
Just set the jumper to eMMC Recovery on the board and boot from sdCard.
Worked for me.
(01-31-2019, 09:16 AM)Harry Wrote: Had the same problem.
Just set the jumper to eMMC Recovery on the board and boot from sdCard.
Worked for me.

Hi,
this can be done only on "S" type of board. I have no jumpers for doing this on my board. 

I tried two different SD cards, the second being a 32 GB Kingston UHS-I, "burned" with "dd", Etcher under Linux, Etcher under Windows, with two different adapters... Always no result: I connect the power supply to the board, red light goes on, something appears at the bottom of the monitor (seems like an incomplete logo), the green light blinks for a fraction of second, and afterwards... nothing at all. I waited for minutes (up to half hour) but nothing happened.

With the same setup I succesfully prepared and booted TinkerOS 2.0.8 without any issue.

I tried to burn and boot the latest Android 6 but no success.

Is anybody able to help me?

Kind regards.
Aldo

EDIT:
I tried a third Micro SD, a Samsung Evo Plus 32 GB, and it worked. So it seems that the type of SD is very critical.
(01-14-2019, 10:14 PM)flightbit Wrote: I think I've read and googled everything written about issues with booting Android but I am still left at a loss. Here's what I did:

* SD Card Formatter full format of a 32GB Class 10 MicroSD
* Used Etcher to flash the card with latest Tinker Board Android image
* Used a 3A power source
* Waited hours

... and still no joy. The red light stays on. No blinking. No output to the monitor at all.

Using the same SD card and power source I was able to successfully load and boot into Debian. I am out of ideas here. Is there anything else left to try?
 have you tried factory reset?
I think it will be work.
android development