This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best ffmpeg streaming codec?
Video 
I switched my Homebridge from Raspberry to TinkerBoard because I didn't like the jerky videostream, and I assumed the Tinker would be more powerful. But is it true that I cannot use the OMX codec? I switched to h265, but it's still terrible streaming quality.

What is the best codec I can use for a live stream of my USB webcam?

Cheers,
Playak
One thing is how the webcam send data to the machine. I don't thing it uses a compression scheme.
If you mean, rather, that you're sending the webcam over a link, then is a concern to transcode the webcam input on the fly and the data volume.
It might be a matter to reduce the resolution and other fiddling to decrease the job load. Minimal compression would improve, but will choke the transfer. Maybe you should consider the best cooling for the rk3288 and push the clock to the top.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin