This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Device Tree of a big Tinker Board called ASUS NovaGo !
Question 
Hi, and sorry to be a little bit out of the subject !
I guess even if my Asus Tinker Board is laptop shaped, people here will probably be able to give me some hints.

As I'm stuck for few weeks now, this forum is the only place that connects my problem to people working on ASUS, Linux, and ARM at the same time.

--- See attached picture for the problem I get ---

The kernel is unable to boot on this device, and since the used SoC (msm8998) support have been officially included into Linux 4.20 and more, it has to be a Device Tree problem.
Do you know where I should start, in order to find the correct device tree for this device ?
"msm8998-mtp", included into the Linux Kernel starting from 4.20, isn't right for this device, I tried with GRUB "devicetree" command and with direct kernel command line "dtb=...\msm8998-mtp.dtb" with no more success.

No device tree has been delivered with the device, because the NovaGo supports ACPI... but Linux drivers for this platform don't support ACPI ! So they need a Device Tree that I don't know where to find...

Thank you in advance
Julien

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:connects my problem to people working on ASUS, Linux, and ARM at the same time
I'd say the right place could be linaro.

If you use one of the OS listed in the forum, you'll find that none of those are using such dtb. I suspect you're mislead.
The best candidate to boot TB(S) is rk3288-tinker.dtb for non S version and rk3288-tinker-s.dtb for S version. This is what is currently mainlined, with some drawback that the Realtek stuffs are cumbersome and still incomplete, therefore not working. Another commonly used dtb is  rk3288-miniarm.dtb, which the most used from the listed OS here.
There's an unofficial dtb, described here, which will let you start Archlinux and perhaps other distros.

You might try your own experiments, and see whether the RockChip guideline will lead you to a starting point.

Within these experiments you should need some debug, better you have a look here.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin