This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBS Website hosting?
Question 
New to the SBC game and linux as well. I'm currently attempting to host my own website using the Tinkerboard S. I'm having an extremely difficult time finding the proper OS to do this with. The main issues I'm running into is being able to get an OS other than TinkerOS onto the onboard emmc. Ive managed to get one of the lubuntu distros from ELAR to work off an SD card but when I try to flash it to the emmc it gets a kernel panic error. Honestly can't find anything on setting up a TBS to host a website anywhere nor can i find anything about getting a OS similar to ubuntu to flash and boot off the emmc. Any kind of advice on how to get something like this to work or an OS that should work for me would be great. Smile
You're not alone. In my attempts to get a server (for small home automation) I gone across several distros. Linaro (aka tinkerOS), DietPi, Elar Systems, Armbian.

The latter is the one that might suite better the server task. But if you have little knowledge about linux, you'll need to spend a bit of time to learn the administration bits.

Then you should know about setting up Apache2 and perhaps handling with databases (like mysql), in case you plan to use for a BBS. Similiar to Apache2, there's also Django and a bit learning curve about python.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
I'm hosting a website on TinkerOS Debian V2.0.8 with Apache.