This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone managed to install WoeUSB in Tinker OS?
I downloaded a .deb file (woeusb-build-dep_3.2.12_all.deb) and used dpkg command to install through the Terminal. The install said there were missing dependencies so I used apt-get install -f to sort that, but whenever I try and call on woeusb it just tells me command not found? Is there something else I need to do? Or is it simply that this file is not compatible with Tinker OS?

Cheers all
(01-20-2019, 11:35 PM)automatom Wrote: The install said there were missing dependencies

Not any .deb may be installed. It must check for Arm7 architecture, which should compiled with.

Solving all dependencies and having the tools to compile *.cpp files will do the final result. But it might be better to download the tarball.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(01-21-2019, 06:57 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 11:35 PM)automatom Wrote: The install said there were missing dependencies

Not any .deb may be installed. It must check for Arm7 architecture, which should compiled with.

Solving all dependencies and having the tools to compile *.cpp files will do the final result. But it might be better to download the tarball.

So you're saying I need to compile the source code instead? Any ideas how that's done as I'm a bit new to all this.

Thanks again
At least, you should show us the error reported by that failed installation.
Mostly, you need to download  the tarball and see what happen when you try as follow:
Code:
tar -xvf WoeUSB-3.2.12.tar.gz
cd WoeUSB-3.2.12
sudo make
There should be another command, which will install the package, but I presume you'll fall into a failure.

BTW, don't expect that, whenever you'll get the job done, you can run windows programs on the TB Smile
Unless are programs compiled for window's ARM architecture Wink
(01-21-2019, 11:13 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: At least, you should show us the error reported by that failed installation.
Mostly, you need to download  the tarball and see what happen when you try as follow:
Code:
tar -xvf WoeUSB-3.2.12.tar.gz
cd WoeUSB-3.2.12
sudo make
There should be another command, which will install the package, but I presume you'll fall into a failure.

BTW, don't expect that, whenever you'll get the job done, you can run windows programs on the TB Smile
Unless are programs compiled for window's ARM architecture Wink

The only computers I own are an 11.6" Chromebook, and an 11.6" Asus Vivobook E203 (running Ubuntu) I bought off eBay for cheap. The install is messed up and won't allow sudo commands, so I can't get Etcher or WoeUSB working to write a Windows 10 USB boot disk. Then I remembered I had the Tinker Board so thought I'd give it a go to see if it could save the day.

I'm thinking it would've been easier to fix the Ubuntu install...

(p.s I want the Windows 10 disk to install it back onto the Vivobook)
Anyway you should understand how to compile that package and see whether will give you what are looking for.
I am looking for a Windows version. Can anyone help me? It is showing Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Error while trying to install this version.
Just letting you know this didn't work. Does anyone know what Debian core TinkerOS uses? I have a feeling it's an old version.

I ended up going to a friend's house and using his PC to make the USB stick  Big Grin Big Grin