This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARMBIAN UART4 is not available
Greetings to all,

I am testing an Armbian_5.72_Tinkerboard_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.16 distro and from

Code:
/boot/armbianEnv.txt
I enabled the overlays for the all UARTs:
Code:
overlays=uart1 uart2 uart3 uart4
however I don't see /dev/ttyS4 enabled. There isn't.

I also tried to decompile /boot/dtb/overlay/rockchip-uart4.dtbo and the content is the same for the dtbo of the others UARTs.

Why is not usable UART4 in armbian ? I tried the UARTs from TinkerOS distro this morning and I was able to use all of them.

Regards,
s.
At the least the name should be the same. rockchip-uart4
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(01-25-2019, 11:36 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: At the least the name should be the same. rockchip-uart4
I think I don't get it.
To enable additional dtb, you should write their name on /boot/hw_intf.conf (I can't remember correctly). That should be the same name as it is on the /boot/dtbo/ folder. It won't have sense to name a thing that is not there Wink
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
> Why is not usable UART4 in armbian?

Why don't you run armbian-config -> hardware and enable them properly?
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.