This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading serial ouput
Hi,

I just bought an ultrasonic sensor and it outputs serial data and I want to read it using my tinker board. Here is the datasheet of the ultrasonic sensor (remove spaces):
https:// www.maxbotix. com/documents/HRLV-MaxSonar-EZ_Datasheet.pdf

When I try to read using this command:
Code:
minicom -b 9600 -o -D /dev/ttyS0

I do not get anything. I am using pin 10 (UART_RX) for ultrasonic sensor.

Any suggestions?
First of all, make sure you supplied the sensor with the 3.3 V (orange pin) from the TB. Also check that you connected the ground (black pin). If you supplied with 5 V you could incurred in a probable damage, because the TB UARTs are not 5 Volts tolerant.
Another thing is that you should connect to the UART3 (VCC = 17, RX = 36, TX = 37 GND = 34 the closest), and try to drive the minicom input to ttyS3, because the ttyS0 is not accessible from the GPIO pins.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin