This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HFP Android Nougat Tinker Board S
Hi 

At the moment I' trying to make HFP working

For now I install the APK found in the lbdroid Github code for Android HFP Client

I also did this command:

1: adb root
2: adb remount
3: adb shell
4: setprop persist.service.bt.hfp.client true
5: getprop persist.service.bt.hfp.client (this should return true now)
6: turn OFF/ON bt once.

But I'm not able to activate the HFP on my Samsung S8

I try this

(01-21-2019, 09:02 AM)lsb Wrote: Do you have these two patches in source code ?

These two patches fix bluetooth HFP not working. One is for pcm config and another is to enable hfp.

My skype works. Smile

1.  In  folder hardware/realtek/ and git log 
===========================
commit 4a84dd0ccf040cfb300fc05dadebf1ebbb54b658
Author: Lyle_Lin <Lyle_Lin@asus.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 3 16:31:17 2018 +0800

Bluetooth: update rtl8723bs_config for pcm config

Fix no sound on bluetooth hfp.

Change-Id: I19db11cadc4c919180553ad45335ac6b9d1104b6
============================

2. In folder device/rockchip/common and git log
commit f00fb6b0225b409e7074aff7cc6ff2e3925c38ea 
Author: Lyle_Lin <Lyle_Lin@asus.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 3 16:34:30 2018 +0800

Bluetooth: enable hfp profile

Change-Id: I5ffdebdf7829324e075fc8b4fd0ad2bc43cf0c5e

But I never found the folder:

device/rockchip/common

or

hardware/realtek/

Please HELP!!!
Hi ,

Path device/rockchip/common and hardware/realtek/ are under android source code folder.

You can find android source code for tinker borad here.
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index....7.1.2_AOSP
(Very large...)

I think HFP and HFP_Client are different issues on image.
Big Grin  I'm Lyle. 
Ok... First thank you for your answer!!!

Now with just that I'm not able to go foward. I'm looking to find walkthrough or tutorial and nothing come.

Can you give me more information?
(01-31-2019, 06:30 PM)Edi_veder Wrote: Ok...  First thank you for your answer!!!

Now with just that I'm not able to go foward. I'm looking to find walkthrough or tutorial and nothing come.

Can you give me more information?

What is your goal here? HFP and HF_Client are different Bluetooth profiles. HPF is used to connect an headset you your device, some wireless headphones use this service and it's available on the stock ROM provided by Asus. HFP_Client allows your tinker board to act as a wireless headset this not supported in the rom provided by Asus.

In my case (building a car head unit) t was HFP_Client i required along with a few other services like A2DP_Sink, to achieve this i checked out the AOSP source provided by Asus and modified to to suite my needs and built a custom Rom.

if it is HFP_Client you are after then your best bet is a custom ROM also, on a site note getting the HFP_Client service on the device was relatively simple, getting
sco working was a nightmare.
I'm on a car headunit project then I expect the Tinker to manage all the phone call through the phone of the driver.

But I'm still stop at this point
I've made my search and it'S clear that I don't have the knowledge to do a custom rom... 

I understand that you achieve this. 

The craziest thing is if you were able to make a flashing .IMG of Android/ 7 / HFP / PLAY STORE / ROOT

That base would be a huge step for the TB community

Everywhere I saw people looking for this in there project!!!

Don't want to push to much, this could be a viral project!