This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker Board Control Across Internet
I would like to use my Tinker Board as an Icecast audio streaming client in a remote location, but am so far unable to find a remote desktop app a la Anydesk or TeamViewer that will play nice with the Tinker.  The thing is, the unit will be at a site where I won't be able to do any port forwarding or other network management so it has to be pretty much plug 'n' play across the public Internet.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.  Be kind; assume I'm your not-very-bright brother-in-law with your suggestions.
Honoring Major Edwin Howard Armstrong daily through the avid use of his inventions.
As you describe it, I'd suggest you to reduce your ambitions, because is not that simple.
The very first step it should take to prepare the remote machine (TB ?) and set it for VPN, including port forwarded, then the solution will become a little easier.
You might start to figure it out from here
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Hmmm...I was able to get AnyDesk running on my Odroid C2 and TeamViewer running on my Raspberry Pi 3B. Because the network is very tightly controlled by an uncooperative IT department, there will be no VPN or port forwarding. Thanks, anyway!
Honoring Major Edwin Howard Armstrong daily through the avid use of his inventions.
Beside whether you are legally entitled to do your purpose, have you tried TeamViewer on the Tinker Board ?
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Well, I'm happy to say I got AnyDesk running! Downloaded the anydesk_2.9.4-1_armhf.deb and used GDebi to install. Apparently I forgot to reboot afterward which may explain why I couldn't get it to work. Anyway, I can now get into the TinkerBoard across the World Wide Interwebs without fuss. Now, if I can get the audio input to Darkice issues resolved, I will have this project licked!