This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android 6.0.1 Screen Rotation
I am trying to build Android for my tinkerboard with a 4" Waveshare screen. The screen has a guide to set up Rasbian OS, but not Android. It is a 480x800 screen, and the guide says for Rasbian OS that I should add (amongst other things):

display_rotate=3

to the config.txt at the root of the SD card.

I built Android 6.0.1 according to the method described kbungo in thread #1865, however modified the kernel according to thread #670:

Setting:

Code:
HDMI_AUTO_CONFIG false

adding my own mode to:

Code:
kernel/drivers/video/rockchip/hdmi/rockchip-hdmi-lcdc.c

and editing the timings in:

Code:
kernel/arch/arm/boot/dts/lcd-asus.dtsi

The most successful build I have found is with using:

- 480x800 in rockchip-hdmi-lcdc.c
- 1080x1920 in lcd-asus.dts

In that case, Android loads in portrait mode and icons and text visually look correct. The issue is that:

- the bottom bar buttons are offset to the right
- rotating to landscape causes the icons and text to be squashed

Which you can see here:

https ://imgur. com/a/yN5hiz9

Using the screen in landscape is my actual goal. I actually think I am going about this wrong. What I want to do is set:

- 800x480 in rockchip-hdmi-lcdc.c
- leave lcd-asus.dts untouched
- Set the equivalent of Rasbian OS "display_rotate=3" in Android

Does anyone know how to edit the Android 6 kernel to set something like "display_rotate=3"? Or have any other suggestions on how to improve my build?