This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Release] TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.2.2.73
Wink 
Hi to all! I have another problem with this specific nougat version Sad ...With Kodi 18 Leia installed from the play store, I am not able to reproduce a 4K mkv file Huh , the tinker board goes in block and I have to remove the power to restart the board Dodgy .
Previously I have Android 6.0 and the same Kodi 18 Leia and all works with 4K mkv videos Angel .
Someone have just tried this feature?
(03-04-2019, 10:48 PM)FedericoVal83 Wrote: Hi to all! I have another problem with this specific nougat version Sad ...With Kodi 18 Leia installed from the play store, I am not able to reproduce a 4K mkv file Huh , the tinker board goes in block and I have to remove the power to restart the board Dodgy .
Previously I have Android 6.0 and the same Kodi 18 Leia and all works with 4K mkv videos Angel .
Someone have just tried this feature?

Hi to all! I have wrote to ASUS for this problem and the reply is very poor, in the next android version maybe this will be solved. I ask to all that read this forum and have the same problem with MKV with 4K to write an email to the ASUS assistance in order to increase the number of request and solve this problem.
Thank you to all!
As Asus declared TB an open source project, they might skip some involvement and let the users to solve a bunch of problems. You might search some more in the forum and elsewhere to find an answer about this problem.
I think, here in the forum, there could be a discussion regarding 4K display.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Did you test HDMI CEC? It isn't working!
(03-03-2019, 04:51 PM)apsmith Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 07:16 PM)Quintinsleeking Wrote: Can anyone please for crying out loud load a rooted image? I cannot get my tinker into fastboot to oem unlock or bootloader mode to patch the system for root access. Please, please please?

I have been able to root this image with Magisk. Attached are the instructions for how I did it using a Windows machine - because I can't post clickablke links, I've written these up pretty quick and dirty but hopefully you can repeat my process.

I would put up an image but I only have a 32gb sdcard and so the image I would post would be 32gb.

I would just like to say thanks, and if you put the OS on eMMC, this line should be different.
Quote:dd if=/sdcard/Download/newboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/ff0c0000.dwmmc/by-name/boot

I found it in /dev/block/platform/ff0f0000.dwmmc/by-name/boot
Hi! Raspberry Pi Official Touch Display 7" touch still not working....
Can't rotation...
Are there any plans to release a more modern android version like pie or even oreo?

Or is android development relatively dead on the tinkerboard as of now?
Has anyone gotten 4K to work on Nougat? I want to thank the person who mentioned that they flashed back to Marshmallow because of problems with 4K using the latest official Android release. I have a Tinkerboard S and when I flash Nougat onto it, it defaults the display into auto detect mode, both my home TV and TV I have access to at work will blink the TB screen on and off until I either get lucky to click on a correct display size or have to use ADB to force the display to something stable. My home TV is a Samsung that was made after the final 4K standard came out, so if the TB adheres to the 4K standard they should be compatible (in theory), the work TV is actually a small 720p, Samsung that is several years old and holds the display stable enough for me to select a stable display setting (before I knew about ADB, it was the only way I could get my TB to stop blinking enough to play with it on the home TV). The highest, stable, resolution I could get with my home TV was 1920x1080 30fps, anything above that would cause the blinking, below that was fine. I went through all this about 6 months ago but had put the TB aside because I was having issues getting Play Store on it (I finally got around to researching a bit more and was able do it using Android Studio for Wndows), but the 4K video thing was getting to me, that's why I bought the TB to begin with (and what prompted me to get back to it was the release of the RPI 4). I thought it was either a bad TB, or bad cable or just something not compatible with my TV. Then, as I mentioned earlier, I saw someone mentioned going back to Marshmallow due to issues with 4K (I am ingrained to always use the latest and greatest OS, so I never looked at using an older version of the official Android OS) and everything seems to work well, so I think that rules out everything but a problem with the drivers in Nougat. I am wondering if anyone has gotten 4K to work successfully with their own re-compiling of the Nougat (or even Oreo) OS?

To test other things that are available, I even tried Slash TV, two built on Marshmallow, and one built on Nougat, the Nougat one had the exact same problem. I thought STV was a full re-compiling of the OS, so I had hopes that newer or different drivers were found for the HDMI output, but no such luck.

And before someone recommends the Debian OS, I am looking at using it more than for Kodi, using Android would allow me to use other Apps, like SiriusXM, etc. on the TB.

Thanks in advance.
(02-25-2019, 09:37 PM)ldx Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 01:10 AM)f1lupo Wrote: many thanks Big Grin just tried downloading Play Store and can't find a version that will work...anyone get it working? if os which apk version?Huh

I installed it yesterday, using open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20190224.zip. Worked flawlessly.

Kind regards
Aldo

hi 
I did install android 7 OS on tinkerboard device and I am using 32 GB ram for OS source ,I want to ask why this OS recognize just 5 GB of my ram?

I think OS reconize and show my internal ram , how I can use my 32 Gb ram and install apps on 32 Gb ram ???
 pls help me Sad
If you are left with 5GB storage, you need to reset android to make use of the full SD space:

In android, go to settings, and use factory reset to expand the filesystem