This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read only FS tutorial
Hi!

I have a tinkerboard in an environement where power can be cut at any moment (at boot, or during normal operation). I thus would like a way to prevent the SD card from memory corruption.

For this, I was thinking of putting the OS read only, and came accross this post (can't paste it, but it's thread-1927-post-8090) but no clear answer could help (overlayroot is not available on Debian stretch). I then came accross this SO post (Raspberry SE: read-only-raspbian-and-microsd-partitioning) that gave indications but only for raspberries.

I am not very proficient in OS tweaking, and I wanted to know if somebody had managed to get a safe RO system, with probably part of it being RW for the system to work correctly ? If not, can somebody help me do something like this, and maybe we can make a tutorial for others out of it.

Thanks in advance!
https://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard/

Pick Ubuntu version, run armbian-config and enable this feature.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
(03-01-2019, 06:33 AM)igorpec Wrote: Pick Ubuntu version, run armbian-config and enable this feature.

I already have a fully configured OS already and I'm not planning on changing for another one, so this solution doesn't really fit my need. I'm using tinkeros right now
Thanks
What about using a SD card for the Igor proposal ?
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin