This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fan does not stop
Must I enter the terminal and enter a command to set that?
 I'm french

(03-06-2019, 08:11 AM)Leskriim Wrote: Must I enter the terminal and enter a command to set that?

I've fixed this by just buying a power cord with an on/off switch.. So when I turn my TB off at night, I'll just hit the power switch on the cord and the fan turns off (and the TB) and then when I want to turn the TB on, all I have to do is hit the switch on the cord.
(03-06-2019, 01:54 PM)Silk Wrote: I've fixed this by just buying a power cord with an on/off switch.. So when I turn my TB off at night, I'll just hit the power switch on the cord and the fan turns off (and the TB) and then when I want to turn the TB on, all I have to do is hit the switch on the cord.

I thought about it, but for my use, I have to make sure that when I close the system with the mouse, the fan stops at the same time.
 I'm french

Or use 3.3v as the Power.
Or use some switch? triger by other GPIOs, to on off fan's 5v.
I intend to use a push button, the 3.3v does not blow enough
 I'm french

You might use 5 V which should be enabled from 3.3 V. So when you power down the 3.3 goes low and the switch will bring down the power on the fan.
It might be useful if you plug your switch to a PWM and control the fan speed by that.
The switch should be a simple mosfet like this list.

Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Is it necessary to use a MOSFET? there is no way to control the gpio and the fan via the terminal?
 I'm french

Depending on the fan consumption. But I doubt we can use a 36 milliWatt fan. If you have the mosfet to control the fan, then you might use a GPIO output to control even 10 W fan, just depending on the fan power supply Smile.
Just to consider that only 3.3 V goes low on a power off command. Otherwise it will take to cut off the power supply.
Furthermore there are some mentions on the forum to use a script and drive the fan by PWM.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin