This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No HDMI sound
Hi,
i just got my new tinker board yesterday, i installed the latest android version.
installed google play, everything was working fine, until i find out that sound is not working
through HDMI, but it works just fine with my bluetooth headset.
any one had the same problem ?
Have check if the mixer shows the volume control ?
Check on the forum for similar matters.
Check on the system logs to see whether something went wrong. It's too simple to say "it's not working". A bit of investigation might give the clue to solve your case.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(03-09-2019, 01:02 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: Have check if the mixer shows the volume control ?
Check on the forum for similar matters.
Check on the system logs to see whether something went wrong. It's too simple to say "it's not working". A bit of investigation might give the clue to solve your case.

1. Yes it shows the volume control
2. I have already checked on the forum, no one had the same problem, i thought this is an issue with the latest version.
3. i have checked some of the log files, nothing weird, can you point me where to look exactly ? maybe i checked the wrong files

Thank you,
1) try fiddling with aplay.
2) None of them gave a clue ?
3) if you post those logs it might improve the cause researches.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Well, i just tried it with another monitor, and it works perfectly, the problem seems to be from my Sony Bravia TV
Even though sound works when i plug my laptop to the TV.
I think it has something to do with how the Tinker board deals with Sound output

PS: i also tried TinkerOS debian, and samething sound doesn't work
(03-08-2019, 07:57 PM)silentdev Wrote: Hi,
i just got my new tinker board yesterday, i installed the latest android version.
installed google play, everything was working fine, until i find out that sound is not working
im still having the same proplems with my samsung tv sound is on with headset but nothing from the hdmi.
(03-11-2019, 06:23 PM)voxi Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 07:57 PM)silentdev Wrote: Hi,
im still having the same proplems with my samsung tv sound is on with headset but nothing from the hdmi.

Try it with another monitor
for me it just couldn't work with my Sony Bravia TV, no matter what i did, and when i checked the logs, nothing seems wrong.
after some research, i read somewhere that some TVs (i think the old ones because mine is from 2008) don't provide sound through HDMI
there has to be a separate audio cable. Even though when i plug my Laptop it works fine.
So I'm still not sure the source of this problem.