This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to install android
Question 
Hello everyone! 1st post here.

Well I am about a half hour into messing around with the TB, at first i found an image and burnt it to a SD card, plugged it in and nothing happened, then i thought to myself i should be putting it on the on board memory because its faster. I checked the instructions about installing an OS to the eMMC and it says to connect to a computer, now when i do that it pops up wanting me to format 2 drives, is this normal? I have not formated yet because im afraid to delete something i shouldnt. 

So my question is how do i install android right to the eMMC?

Thanks
Ignore messages about formating. just run Win32DiskImager and burn image to the proper drive. But there are two images - for SD and eMMC, so you must use correct one.
(03-16-2019, 03:27 AM)d00dtr0n Wrote: do i install android right to the eMMC?
You can, as much as you can write on a SD card. Follow the guidelines and you're done in half-an-hour.
You shouldn't care about what windows want's to do and use the proper tool (Etcher or Win32DiskImager) to write straight away the image. 
This procedure is a lower level than formatting, so format isn't needed.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin