This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volumio on TB
Can Volumio be used on a bare Tinker Board, no Hats?
Hello,

of course it can!

Just take a look here: 

volumio.org/volumio-asus-tinkerboard/

(...)The integrated Analog Jack is very competent and sounds good enough for casual music listening, and it’s capable of 24\192 playback (...)

Cheers
Mark
Thank you, I thought it might. And I agree, the music playback is very good. Connecting through the s/pdif jack was a problem now solved, but worth the trouble. One thing I haven't figured out is how to play a series of music files, I can do one at a time, but so far the playlist option doesn't work well for me using Android or the TB OS.
Has it been fixed?
Been running Volumio on original TinkerBaord for two years. Works great. The new Volumio Primo machine is based on a Tinker Board. The Tinker Board USB out run into a separate DAC sounds just great and no HAT is needed. Headphone out jack is pretty good, too. Have not soldered an SPDIF out but I am sure it works well.
(08-02-2019, 08:51 PM)dtaylo1066 Wrote: Headphone out jack is pretty good
A bit out of track Big Grin .....
The jack is differing to those on the electronics components shops. They are 0.8 mm shorter and the rings are compacted. I had to buy a headset to get such kind of plug.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin