This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blimmin Bloomin Flipping VNC!
Hi folks.

I've been through hundreds of articles about installing versions of VNC on my Tinker.

I NEED Real vnc, the rest of the network, hundreds of nodes relies on Real VNC, I don't want the overhead of having to support different implementations.

A load of my nodes are Raspberry pis, these have the real vnc server installed as part of the iso and it runs flawlessly.  I need to replicate this on the Tinker board. I have asked Real but I haven't had an answer yet.

Today I've been through every Debian vnc alternative install tutorial/article/reference and every single one fails miserably at some point, except real vnc as I can't find a single example of someone installing it on Debian.  Which can't be right!

So, has anyone out there got real to work?  If so could you please share, or point me to some setup instructions?

Many thanks.
(03-20-2019, 10:00 PM)Munty Scruntfundle Wrote: Hi folks.

I've been through hundreds of articles about installing versions of VNC on my Tinker.

I NEED Real vnc, the rest of the network, hundreds of nodes relies on Real VNC, I don't want the overhead of having to support different implementations.

A load of my nodes are Raspberry pis, these have the real vnc server installed as part of the iso and it runs flawlessly.  I need to replicate this on the Tinker board. I have asked Real but I haven't had an answer yet.

Today I've been through every Debian vnc alternative install tutorial/article/reference and every single one fails miserably at some point, except real vnc as I can't find a single example of someone installing it on Debian.  Which can't be right!

So, has anyone out there got real to work?  If so could you please share, or point me to some setup instructions?

Many thanks.

I wish I could bring good news.
There is no one working on the real vnc for tinkerboard.
Only what is available in the repository.
I wish I could get real vnc also.
If you don't get any responses for a long time, it is because there is no help.
Or no one has a solution.

You tried all the vnc client programs in synaptic? And none of them work with realvnc?  None?

You want to control all your 100s of pi realvnc servers with the tinker client?

You searched in synaptic for vnc and tried tightvnc, tigervnc, x11vnc, vino, and others? Nothing connects.

I can see you don't want to change them all over to some other vnc.
Do you need a tinkerboard or can you buy and use another type board that will support realvnc?

Just wait and see if a solution comes by.
Is the Raspberry Pi version available for Raspbian? What about running the Raspberry Pi version on Tinker OS? In my experience Raspbian binaries work on Tinker OS.