This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox esr never works
Why do they keep updating Firefox ESR when it never works.
Every time I open it, it crashes.  Why have it?
Will it ever be fixed?
(03-25-2019, 05:47 AM)Jay Smith Wrote: Why do they keep updating Firefox ESR when it never works.
Every time I open it, it crashes.  Why have it?
Will it ever be fixed?

I guess you have searched this forum and elsewhere and discovered why it does not work AND what to do to install an older version that works and does not get updated.

However, if having a browser is more important to you than TinkerOS why don't you install another Distribution that does have a working Web Browser or two..
The binaries are built for all platforms automatically by Debian. That's why you continue to see updates even though those do not fix a particular broken platform (like ARM),

It's likely the issues will be fixed because it manifests on all ARM devices, including the popular Raspberry Pi. Raspbian keeps an older Firefox around to work around it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jschwart's post:
  • JRARocketer