This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPIO UART1 - ttyS1 Communication
(05-02-2019, 08:03 AM)kwekeyasus Wrote: Hi Sorry to interrupt. Because i need many inputs, I tried to configure Pin 8 and Pin 10 as GPIO.In in my program and edit hw_intf.conf (intf:uart1=off).
But when i read the input it is toggling '1' and '0'.

May I know if there is any things else that I should do?

Not exactly, I'd correct the statement that the PWM channel has the priority over its UART, which sharing the same pins. No problems if you'll leave the other UARTs on their settings.

If you trying the debugging during boot time, better you leave the things as they are. You just need to plug the adapter on the UART 3 and, eventually, modify extlinux.conf to remove the Plymouth and quiet from the append line.
(04-04-2019, 03:53 PM)alansv Wrote: Hi David,

If you are trying to use this shield (Sixfab Raspberry Pi 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield V2).
I've made it work via ttyS1 and ttyUSB3.

Please explain how your config is arranged.

Any tutorial?`

Regards,
David
Why is there no clear step-by-step instruction anywhere for connecting a USB-UART device to Tinkerboard? It seems to me that everybody talks in jargon at a peer-to-peer level which does not aid the newbies. What about writing a Guide somewhere like this forum? Armbian seems to be the only place where some guides are available, but only for Armbian!
Hi Sorry to interrupt. Because i need many inputs, I tried to configure Pin 8 and Pin 10 as GPIO.In in my program and edit hw_intf.conf (intf:uart1=off).
But when i read the input it is toggling '1' and '0'.

May I know if there is any things else that I should do?
www.shopccdumps.com Shop Sell CVV Good Fresh high balance US Uk EU INTER
Sell CVV Good NON VBV - MCSC - Fullz information 
(12-10-2019, 08:40 AM)Awia Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 03:53 PM)alansv Wrote: Hi David,

If you are trying to use this shield (Sixfab Raspberry Pi 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield V2).
I've made it work via ttyS1 and ttyUSB3.

Please explain how your config is arranged.

Any tutorial?`

Regards,
David

Hi David, if you are still looking for a tutorial there's some things that I can explain.

First of all, there's many steps that you can skip by downloading tinkerOS from ( https: //github .com/thyrlian/awesome-asus-tinker-board). So you can connect ppp0 by ttyUSB3 with sixfab shield, but it won't work attached on tb because pin37 has to be in 0 state (sixfab uses this pin for reset the shield). That's why it will never turn status led (blue) on, so I've made it work with this:

Code:
gpio -1 mode 37 out

gpio -1 write 37 0

In sixfab tutorial they say that you can use this shield by ttyUSB3 or ttyS0, but rpi and tb are different:
  • In rpi pins 8-10 are for ttyS0 but in tb are for ttyS1, so we have to use ttyS1
  • You have to disable getty service for ttyS1 doing this:
Code:
systemctl stop getty@ttyS1.service
systemctl disable getty@ttyS1.service

Now you can attach the shield on tb and try to connect by ppp0.
Regards!
hello all,

I'm not sure if this will be of any help...

when booting Android..
sudo gpio readall
                     V   Mode    Name     wPi   CPU
| Physical 8   | 0 | SERL | TxD.1   | 15  | 161 |
| Physical 10 | 1 | SERL | RxD.1   | 16  | 160 |

when booting TinkerOS
sudo gpio readall
| Physical 8   | 0 |  IN   | TxD1    | 15  | 161 |
| Physical 10 | 1 |  IN   | RxD1    | 16  | 160 |

sooo... after running in TinkerOS..
Code:
sudo gpio mode 15 alt1
sudo gpio mode 16 alt1

sudo gpio readall
| Physical 8   | 0 | SERL | TxD.1   | 15  | 161 |
| Physical 10 | 1 | SERL | RxD.1   | 16  | 160 |

maybe this is how you set PIN 8 & 10 for serial communication in TinkerOS ????

alt0 alt1 alt2 alt3 alt4 & alt5....  
I have no idea what all these alt modes do..
but alt1 & alt5 seem to set PINs to SERL | TxD.1 & RxD.1

https://www.dummies.com/computers/raspbe...functions/
not sure if this is the same for tinker board...

---------------
hope it helps,
k,