This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiFi dead
I've been running the Tinkerboard OS for over a year and using WIFi to access the net...  With no warning my Tinkerboard is unable to connect to the net via WiFi. To narrow down the problem I:
1. Connected to my router via a LAN cable. Internet connects fine.
2. Swapped out the SD card with the Tinkerboard OS and put in a card with the Android OS. Again no WiFi.
It appears to me to be a hardware problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated...
Hi, 
    Please use the below command to check if the wifi chip be found by driver or not.
    1. use the Debian-OS

2. check if the wifi chip has been found on the SDIO bus or not
linaro@tinkerboard:~$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
mmc2:0001:1

3. if yes, check if the driver is mounted or not
linaro@tinkerboard:~$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
8723bs               1757184  0

linaro@tinkerboard:~$ ls /proc/net/rtl8723bs/
chplan_id_list  country_chplan_map  log_level  wlan0
chplan_test     drv_cfg             ver_info
Aloha James,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I ran the script you sent and it appears that the wifi chip can be found by the driver. All the responses were identical to the ones in your example (in response to "lsmod" the size differed (1757184 to 1179648) but I expected that).

linaro@tinkerboard:~$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
mmc2:0001:1
linaro@tinkerboard:~$ lsmod
Module Size Used by
8723bs 1179648 0
linaro@tinkerboard:~$ ls /proc/net/rtl8723bs/
chplan_id_list country_chplan_map log_level wlan0
chplan_test drv_cfg ver_info
linaro@tinkerboard:~$

Standingby...
It seems your wifi module is enabled correctly. 
1. May I know what is the phenomenon of no wifi ?

And can you give us the wifi log ? Below are the steps of how to enable wifi log.
1. flash Tinker-OS image v2.0.8
2. run the tinker-config and enable the option of wlan verbose log
    $ sudo tinker-config  
       --> Advanced Options --> wlan verbose log

3. reboot the device

4. After reboot, check the wifi function. If failed, please get the /var/log/syslog.* to us. Thanks
James,
Thank you for your efforts on my behalf. I must confess I found my problem was with my wireless router... The router problem was masked by the fact that the wireless network was still working for my tablet and cell phone, so it appeared to be functioning normally. However after re-booting the router the Tinkerboard connected to the internet as advertised.
Mahalo,
Dead Henry
(Yesterday, 12:58 AM)dead henry Wrote: James,
Thank you for your efforts on my behalf. I must confess I found my problem was with my wireless router... The router problem was masked by the fact that the wireless network was still working for my tablet and cell phone, so it appeared to be functioning normally. However after re-booting the router the Tinkerboard connected to the internet as advertised.
Mahalo,
Dead Henry

Understood and thanks for your effort.