This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDMI Screen Flicker on Certain TVs - Tinker Board S
I searched and could not find an answer or solution to this problem, other than possibly downgrading to Android 6.0 or switching the OS to Debian, but I don't know if that even works. The threads I found those in the users never followed up to say that all the issues were resolved. 

Current setup:

TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.2.2.73 from ASUS website

Rooted and Google Play apps installed.

Zebra Black Ice case with fan:
amazon.com/gp/product/B078WK1R2R/

TV:
Sanyo 32" Class LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV | DP32642

amazon.com/Sanyo-Class-720p-60Hz-DP32642/dp/B008BQGGRQ

Works perfect on that TV. Now when I plug it into my 58" Samsung UHD 4k TV, it all goes to poop.
samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-uhd-smart-tv-mu6070

Home screen, slight flickering, every 2-3 seconds. Seems the more white on the display, the more flickering. If I go into settings on the TB, white display, flickering is so bad that I can't even select anything in settings. Black screen for 1-3 seconds followed by 0.45 seconds of display. I've tried this on an older model Samsung, something like this:
amazon.com/Samsung-PN50B650-50-Inch-1080p-Plasma/dp/B001W6NU9E
and flickering as well, but not nearly as bad, and with each flicker out, the TV displays the current resolution, like the signal is dropping and reconnecting.

I really wanted to use this as a streaming device. I went with the android OS because my favorite bootleg movie apps are on that platform.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MilkyMooness's post:
  • adogado
Same here at 3440x1440. Super annoying. If I change to 1920x1080 it goes away - but those black bars....