This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help for GUI over Network
Hello Community, I have just installed my Tinker Board S. It works fine - so far.
I want to use it for iobroker and need to configure it over the network.
So far I have access via ssh to the Tinker Board from my mac.
I want to have access to the GUI via REMOTE Desktop.
What to do for this. Have I to start a special service????

Need your help

Grettings Matthias Angry
(04-13-2019, 01:06 PM)MBehrend Wrote: Hello Community, I have just installed my Tinker Board S. It works fine - so far.
I want to use it for iobroker and need to configure it over the network.
So far I have access via ssh to the Tinker Board from my mac.
I want to have access to the GUI via REMOTE Desktop.
What to do for this. Have I to start a special service????

Need your help

Grettings Matthias Angry

Look for instructions on install vnc server on Debian (I guess you've installed TinkerOS) , if you're using Armbian then search for vnc server on Armbian.
Once that is up and running install a vnc viewer of Mac, brew has a few servers.

Sorry I don't have specific instructions, I've not had to do it on the Tinker Board but as no one has answered you with specific instructions I thought I'd give you a head start!!
I've got Ambian installed on my Tinkerboard, I thought I'd do the VNC thing today.

On the Tinkerboard:

sudo apt -y install vnc4server
sudo apt install xfce4 xfce4-goodies # You may not not need this depending on what you have installed
vncpasswd
vncserver :1 -geometry 1920x1024 -depth 24

On the Mac:

Finder / go to server / server:5901

and it all works fine..