This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering Wheel Control
Hi guys,

I have TB and really enjoying it. And I am new here on this forum as well as for the development boards. I have currently miniatx motherboard in my car (yes I built it once Caputers were famous) and now I would like to change it to TB. However, as I dont understand how to use it with the details below;

This is the original radio's pinout and descriptions
[Image: tl_pinout_anim.gif]

C3
13 Tx (from HU to CDC or PC)
14 Rx (from PC or CDC to HU)
15 GND
16 12V (constant)
17 HU ON (12V when HU is ON)
18 SPDIF IN (***)
19 SPDIF GND (***)
20 (SPDIF GND) (***)

C1
1 DTA
2 CLK
3 MIRQ
4 n/c
5 Radio ON
6 GND

C3 is associated with steering wheel control. And C1 is goes to the head display. I checked Renault forums and other forums as well and found here and this is very old post that I can not be sure with their circuit. And they are referring C3's Pin 13, 14,15. 

Anyone can help me how to get it work properly with TB? How to get button's that I can use as hotkey on VLC? If you can explain me for Debian and Android, I would be also happy if someone provide me the information about C1 port how to send data to lcd Smile .

Thanks a lot