This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hulu stopped working (android 6.0.1)
Video 
So let me start by saying it took me a long time to find a working version of Hulu in the first place. By trial and error(downloading MANY different versions of the app from an APK site) I was eventually able to find a version (Hulu v. 2.25.1) that would work on my Tinker Board. It worked fine for over a year.

However, as of today, Hulu is no longer supporting that version of the app. I tried to go back to the APK sites and find a different version of the app that may still work, but it looks like anything 3.0 or newer causes a video playback error when trying to view, and any version older than that is no longer supported by Hulu. Does anyone know of a fix, or is there a "hacked" version of hulu that will work?

Also, I'm seeing there is a "new" (I haven't looked at this stuff in MONTHS) version of Android for TB? Does that solve any of the issues with the video sites not working (Hulu, Netflix, etc)? Does it make the whole experience a little "easier" for a novice user like myself.

Thanks guys!
Mike
Anyone? I'd really appreciate some help if anyone knows how to fix this...
(05-18-2019, 02:31 PM)mgoad10 Wrote: Anyone? I'd really appreciate some help if anyone knows how to fix this...

This is one of the most common problem user faces. I was having the same issue, so in order to resolve it, just follow the mentioned steps (it worked for me)

1. Un-install the app
2. Delete the cache and other files of the apps (do it via file manager)
3. Restart your phone
4. Re install the app

and the issue will be fixed. Do let me know if you are having problem performing the steps which I have mentioned above or if the problem is still there. Would love to help! Smile

Regards,
(05-21-2019, 02:51 AM)seoking Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 02:31 PM)mgoad10 Wrote: Anyone? I'd really appreciate some help if anyone knows how to fix this...

This is one of the most common problem user faces. I was having the same issue, so in order to resolve it, just follow the mentioned steps (it worked for me)

1. Un-install the app
2. Delete the cache and other files of the apps (do it via file manager)
3. Restart your phone
4. Re install the app

and the issue will be fixed. Do let me know if you are having problem performing the steps which I have mentioned above or if the problem is still there. Would love to help! Smile

Regards,

Thanks for the response, however that did not help. I need a version of the app that works on the TB or better yet, maybe a work around that would allow me to run the current version of hulu from the google play store.