This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Automation Fun.
Just a heads up on fun and more fun with home automation on the Tinker board with the Tinker OS 1.4 

What works

* Domoticz with local usb working happily with RFXTRX33e 433mhz transceiver.
* HA_Bridge (Amazon Alexa - Philips Hue / Logitech Harmony / Domoticz) (Java)
* HA_Gateway (Smartthings Api Bridge (Ruby 2.2.2) )

All these are running sweet, ironically it appears more stable that on an RPI3...

Controlling

2 x Harmony Hubs
8 x Philips Hue Lights
2 x Sockets via Smartthings Api Bridge over Rest (1 Z-wave and 1 Zigbee)
4 x Siemens LighwaveRF 433Mhz Master Wall switches.
and thru 3 Amazon Echo's.

In effect apart from the Aeon Z-Stick which I couldn't get sit nicely with the RFXCom Transceiver this has replaced the RPI3 for these tasks but most importantly its stable.

Cheers Boudyka
I've been searching for a long time, but I can't find it. I could not communicate with Asus Tinker Board using python rf 433 mhz. RPI-RF is available for Raspberry but nothing for the Tinker Board.

Could you please share your work? Source Codes, Connection Diagram, etc ..
I'm trying hassOs too, it seems promising good things. My learning it's a bit long to get accustomed to write the configuration.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Are you communicating with Python or c? Did you get results?
Can you share Python code?
As far as I'm getting to know about hassio, It's seems built on python asyncio. Most of the dealing are python 3.7 classes.
So I'm looking to get more details about to interface the GPIO and set them as user defined devices. A info bit that I found today.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin