This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Latency
I'm considering buying one of these devices for use in a professional real-time audio application.

Can anyone give me an idea of the kind of audio latency I can get with this device?

I'm looking for sub-5ms latency measured with a loopback cable from the audio output jack to the microphone input (as that's really the only way to measure full-path audio-latency), Although my application is, of course processing of audio from the microphone input to the audio output.

I'm willing to tweak the OS. But the internet seems to be full of people tweaking the daylights out of various linuxes and then boasting about having achieved 30ms latency (if they give a figure at all).

Has anyone managed to run sub-5ms audio latency reliably? The only mention of audio latency anywhere on the forum is somebody reporting 1 second latency from midi input to audio output.