This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't understand why I cannnot rich 1800 megahertz ?
Hello,

I have realise that the Debian official version for the TinkerBoard S do not allow me to have the maximum speed of the processor. I am block to 1510 megahertz even in performance mode. I have read some things to repair this but I am desappointed that the Debian upgrade have made a regression when some times bebore I was able to rich 1800 megahertz.

So, I decide to switch to Armbian who give me 1800 megahertz. In plus I have found a solution for the missing /dev/input/mice device file that is use by Gpm. Just use the good device file symbolic link in /dev/input/by-id with evdev as the Gpm driver and Gpm work fine.

The Armbian allow me to use Autofs but in a slightly different way than with other Linux distributions. Using /etc/auto.misc to set my devices and network shares for automounting do the trick. I never have been able to use Gpm and Autofs with the official TinkerBoard S Debian version.

Maybe I have miss something with the official TinkerBoard S Debian version but I am gone stay with Armbian if everything continue to go well. Everything work on Armbian but I don't know if the Usb and Hdmi audio outputs work well. I have not test them yet. On Debian official and other distributions those audio ports where throwing scrap noise at the beginning when I bought the TinkerBoard S. Recently they where working well after multiple upgrades.

Anyway, most of the time I use Bluetooth headsets for audio output. I worked hard to have all the features of the TinkerBoard S and it seem's to be true now.

One last thing, I cannot pass Linux kernel parameters in Armbian using the file /boot/armbianEnv.txt to add kernel parameters. It do not work after I do an mkimage and a reboot. I have find no satisfying documentation yet on how to proceed for this on Armbian.
Many people have stopped using the TinkerBoard OS and use Armbian.
You'll find Armbian has a good forum where people answer

You made the right choice.