This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power led on front
Hello,

I put the tinker board in a box. The problem is that I cannot see the power led on the board. Is it possible to light a led from GPIO pins when the board is powered? I just want to see the power light on the box. 

Thanks
What about to get the power from the 3.3 V GPIO, or a bit of fiber glass to conduct the light on the outside. It might be even something else than fiber glass, but just able to lead the light on the wanted position, such as a peace of plexiglass, just to mention.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Thanks for the suggestion. 3.3V GPIO is still powered on when the system is suspended. I have also considered the fiber glass solution but it is not an elegant way to solve the problem. I hope there is another way. It will be the power on indicator on the box.
You might program to turn on one GPIO, just a little programming is required. Then you should be able to connect a LED with a proper resistor to avoid GPIO overload (even it's programmable to limit its output current).
What is your skill to write a couple of line by bash script?
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
I can write a simple C programme or a bash script to do that but I think it will not have the same functionality as the power led on the board. The GPIO driven led will be powered on only after the boot process is completed (because my programme must run to drive the led). The power led on the board lights up as soon as the board is powered on or awakened from suspended situation.
I think there is no way to do what I intend. In this case I will use one of the 3.3V power pins. It will light up the led when the board is powered on and will still remain lighted when the board is suspended.