This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas 1-wire board
For anyone wanting to setup a system with a lot of temperature and humidity sensors its hard to beat OWFS and the Dallas 1-wire system.  I've made my own board based on the DS2482-100.  The DS2482 is the way to go to avoid any issues.  I was using the RP3 but the Tinkerboard has the extra horsepower that make the difference in performance as far as a web server and making plots.

AB Electronics UK makes a board also but you'll have to solder on your own FET circuit to use the "strong" pullup feature (just google "1-wire pi plus" to find it).  Two versions of this board exist, one that the FET can be soldered on and one that does not have the ability so be careful which version you get.  Another outfit is Pridopia and they make "17 channel 1-wire board" that also uses the DS2482-800 and also a DS2482-100.  I have not used this board and don't know if the DS2482-100 uses the strong pullup circuit.  I prefer the DS2482-100 over the 800 as the 100 has the ability to use strong pullup to go the longer distances.    

taaralabs.eu makes a circuit board for humidity/temperature.  The bare circuit board is cheap or you can make your own.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)