This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slash TV - Android
Slash TV - an Android TV OS replete with emulators for PlayStation Portable (PSP), Sega Dreamcast, and more.
Additionally, Slash TV features Kodi, Netflix, and tons of emulators, from PPSSPP to RetroArch.
There's also access to the Google Play Store.
Has 10-foot UI, suitable for projectors and TVs

[Image: PRk6TyYm.png]

https://www.electromaker.io/tutorial/blo...nker-board

Download: https://mega.nz/#F!v0A2wIjQ!srUj1dVjj3uxq6-yfly02w

[Note: no ROMS included]
I even didn't know about this one. Thank you so much!
The Mega link links to older versions of STV, see the link below to get the latest (3.4):
https://techtoytinker.com/slash-tv

I just flashed my TB with 3.4 and am still playing with it.  However, I do have the following warning:  For some reason, the author of this OS decided to use ATV Launcher which dominates the startup page.  I struggled to find a way to get to settings because ATV Launcher just sits there with their "A" logo and dots below it indicating its working, but after waiting for a few minutes, nothing happens.  I was able to turn it off in Settings->Apps (upper right, click your mouse, drag down, you get the Android status bar up top and the "Back, Close, Menu" icon bar on the bottom, while that's visible you can drag the settings bar down to get to the main settings menu.  Once I turned off ATV, things got a LOT better.  I notice, the "latest" is built on Android Marshmallow.

Other than that complaint about the ATV Launcher, I want to thank the author for this OS, so far its very stable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoobieTBUSer's post:
  • darth_ted_82
I just got my micro SD flashed with the current 64GB image. Most things seem to be working, but when i hit the home button, I get a load screen with an icon that looks like an "A" on a blue background and the load indicator just goes forever. Anyone got any ideas? TIA.
(07-30-2019, 08:27 PM)darth_ted_82 Wrote: I just got my micro SD flashed with the current 64GB image.  Most things seem to be working, but when i hit the home button, I get a load screen with an icon that looks like an "A" on a blue background and the load indicator just goes forever.  Anyone got any ideas?  TIA.

Yes, that's what happened to me and what I was saying about the "ATV Launcher".  Here's what I was able to figure out to do:  "I was able to turn it off in Settings->Apps (upper right of the screen, click your mouse, drag down, you get the Android status bar up top and the "Back, Close, Menu" icon bar on the bottom, while that's visible you can drag the settings bar down to get to the main settings menu."

The reason I say to use a "mouse" is that I could not get to the BT setting to set up my BT keyboard.  If you have a USB dongle for your input device you may be OK without it.

(Note:  I copied the procedure from my original post the green colored text was an addition I made to be clearer).

Edit to add: Also, I found the default wallpaper to be very busy and hard to see some icons, so I changed it from the Slash.TV wallpaper. My second recommendation to the person who created this flavor of Android for the TB would be to grey, some, or tone down the colors of the wallpaper so that it becomes a background and not intrude on the icons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoobieTBUSer's post:
  • darth_ted_82
Geez, man, I apologize for not seeing your post. Especially when there were only 3... Thanks a lot for following up! I wound up just redownloading the image and flashed it again and it's working. Must have been missing something. Thanks again!
Yeah, I had some problems with Etcher being able to read the EMMC image that caused me to re-download it. I thought that since it actually worked decently after turning off ATV Launcher that it was just the fault of the app. Oh, well, unless I run into any more bugs I've already added some apps from the Playstore, I'm not going to reflash it.