This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker Board Won't boot Red light
I downloaded the TinkerOS and burned it to an SD card, I Plugged in Micro USB cable to TinkerBoard, But TinkerBoard wasn't boot and red light.:-(
I'm afraid my expressions may be rude or hard to read, because I'm not so good at English. But please, please be patient! I will try hard to learn English!
How good is your power supply?

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4767-pow...micro-usb/
https://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard/
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
(07-20-2019, 07:39 PM)igorpec Wrote: How good is your power supply?

ttps://forum.armbian.com/topic/4767-powering-through-micro-usb/
ttps://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard/
My USB charger power  is 5V/3A.
Is it through GPIO or micro USB?
It happen to me that frequently the TB starts, but it turns off after a while. I have to repeat several times before it will start.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(07-21-2019, 01:55 AM)Horizon777 Wrote: My USB charger power  is 5V/3A.

If your cable is too long and your connector not the best, 100A will not be enough. Have you read what's written on that link?
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
(07-21-2019, 11:02 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: Is it through GPIO or micro USB?
It happen to me that frequently the TB starts,  but it turns off after a while. I have to repeat several times before it will start.
micro USB.

(07-21-2019, 12:07 PM)igorpec Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 01:55 AM)Horizon777 Wrote: My USB charger power  is 5V/3A.

If your cable is too long and your connector not the best, 100A will not be enough. Have you read what's written on that link?
I read it. The cable might be too thin. Try to replace the cable.

I will change the cable.
To carry 3 A, it would take about 0,8 mm2, which is about AWG 18. Better if it's less than a meter long.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin