This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker Board S for Android Music Player?
Hi,

I've been trying to figure out my options when it comes to building an Android-based portable music player. I'm between Tinker Board S (which supports Android 6) and the HiKey 960 (which is officially supported by Google and supports Android 8).

The things I'm trying to figure out are:

1) How do I know if a particular display is supported?
I want the display to be as tiny as it can possibly be. 3.5 inch is already big, but it will do for now. There are many 3.5'' options out there, but how can I tell whether they will work with Tinker Board S or not?

2) What's the smallest display size that Android supports?
How do I find this information? My Google-fu isn't as strong as I thought Smile Can I get away with something as small as 2.8"? How can I tell?

3) Can I remove components from the Tinker Board S?
Obviously I'm trying to make this as small as possible, so removing unnecessary bulky components would help reduce the size. For example, can I simply rip out the USB Type-A components on the board? 

Thank you in advance.