This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android 9 Tinkerboard Repositories
Does anyone know where / if there are Android 9 Tinkerboard repositories available?

Thank you!

Darran
Should already they come out android 8
 I'm french

(08-06-2019, 08:50 PM)Leskriim Wrote: Should already they come out android 8

What / where?
Anyone working on oreo or pie for this device?
(08-14-2019, 03:05 PM)darran Wrote: Anyone working on oreo or pie for this device?

I don't think ASUS have any plans for a modern android release and unless someone does one third party I reckon android updates for this device are dead
I think that is going discourage adoption of this device as a platform
Last update was 6 months ago, maybe they'll push a new one out soon, who knows  Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes tinkerthis's post:
  • Melvin001
(08-28-2019, 05:02 PM)darran Wrote: I think that is going discourage adoption of this device as a platform

I agree, especially since the RPI4 has come out.
We are looking at Khadas, RockPro64, and a few others as alternatives. They all have nougat builds.
(08-29-2019, 02:01 AM)darran Wrote: We are looking at Khadas, RockPro64, and a few others as alternatives. They all have nougat builds.

I don't know how their Nougat builds are, but the TB's Nougat builds all have buggy display issues.  I am running a variant of Marshmallow (the latest as of about a month ago, SlashTV) but even the last official Marshmallow release worked well.  It would be great to get a newer Android that actually worked, though.