This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to connect the external antenna
Hello forum,

I bought the antenna because I'm planning to box the TB. Honestly I don't understand which of the short cable ends should be the one to connect the aerial.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
the antenna header at the wifi chip (green board).
Do you mean the closest to the chip ?
Yes,
And I found one of the helpful photo from Amazon!!
https://www.amazon.com/Tinker-board-RK32...B06VSBVQWS
[Image: 91oTCOMkf6L._SL1500_.jpg]
For any who are looking for the correct WiFi pigtail they can be found on eBay for about US$3.00 for 2.
Search eBay for;

2 x IPEX/MHF4 to RP-SMA Antenna Pigtail NGFF/M.2 WIFI/WLAN/3G/4G Modules

Also a very nice pre-drilled  aluminium case can be found for around US$18.00 from the same source.
Search eBay for;

Fanless Aluminum Case Cover Enclosure Box for Raspberry ASUS Tinker Board S

I have used them both.

Sorry, the site pixies will not allow me to post a link.

Algenon.
Thank you friends,
I'm struggling to find a TRRS plug to connect the audio. I've to admit that there are 2 kind and I got the wrong one. That is for OTG connection or AV devices. The plug needed is slightly shorter and the rings are shorter too, which is the one that will plug on the smartphones.

So I didn't find shops to sell the only component.