This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Dont Boot
I downloaded the Android OS
with Belena Etcher but belena etcher says its not look lika a bootable image i flashed it and it dont boot up
Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card, unless you want to write a TB version S on its eMMC.
Then you should widen your explanation in which way you are trying to write the memory. Is it a PC with windows OS, version, or is another kind of OS, version ?
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
I have a 16 GB Card from San Disk
I tryed it from a Windows Pc with Belena Etcher
As you're dealing with linux, it would be a good start to use it also on the PC. You might start a live image like Ubuntu. So that will allow you to check if the writing has completed correctly.

Secondly, you may check the checksum of your image.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Where did you download the OS from?
Thanks for the information that you have shared with us.
(08-17-2019, 08:10 AM)KarloDerEchte Wrote: I downloaded the Android OS
with Belena Etcher but belena etcher says its not look lika a bootable image

Etcher says that for android images, but they still work
Hi,

I am also using the sandisk SD card and not able to boot android with Tinker Board. I have tried Android M and N both versions but no luck. My host machine is MAC OS.

Though if i flash TinkerOS linux distribution it works fine by flashing on same sd card.

Any help please?
(09-26-2019, 07:37 AM)ankitgupta29 Wrote: Hi,

I am also using the sandisk SD card and not able to boot android with Tinker Board. I have tried Android M and N both versions but no luck. My host machine is MAC OS.

Though if i flash TinkerOS linux distribution it works fine by flashing on same sd card.

Any help please?

hi ankitgupta29,
It's strange that TinkerOS linux distribution works but Android does not.. [[[...
assuming.. you are using original Tinker Board.. 
have you tried to fully zero out or randomize your SD card, with..
Code:
$ diskutil unmountDisk diskX
and then..
Code:
$ diskutil zeroDisk diskX
or
Code:
$ diskutil randomDisk diskX

then you'll need to run
Code:
$ diskutil eraseDisk FAT32 NAME MBRFormat diskX
to format for tinker board - FAT32 with MBR (Master Boot Record)

replace X.. with  your SD card identifier..
Code:
$ diskutil list
or
Code:
$ diskutil list external physical
On the right, under IDENTIFIER, you'll see your disk labeled like disk2 or disk3, etc.

Make sure & double check you are selecting the correct one ;-]...

after this.. then, create the Android image.. if using Etcher.. you might get a 
warning that.. SD card is non bootable... just ignore and click on continue..
it should then just flash the image to the SD card ;-]...

hope it helps
----------------
k,
---
ps.. got info from here...
https://apple.stackexchange.com/question...mac/300737
if you are using Tinker Board S, then ignore all above, 
as it is most likely be the jumper that needs to be set to "eMMC Recovery" mode.. ]]]......
I had the exact problem on the "Tinker Board S" model.
I could boot the Debian version of TinkerOS from a SD card, but all attempts at Android from a SD card failed (the board would never boot, no video signal was ever received, and I would only get a constant red light on the physical board).  

I attempted the following:
-Multiple power supplies, all with 5 Volts and at least 2 Amps.
-Multiple 32Gb SD cards.  All rated at least UHS-1.
-Multiple Android image versions (all from ASUS).
-Etcher (on MacOS), Win32DiskImager (on Windows), and DD (on Linux) for imaging the cards.
None of the above made any difference.

Turns out the issue was the default positioning of the jumper wires on the board.
From reading this site's own Wiki I had the idea of enabling "Maskrom mode" (aka eMMC Recovery mode).

And it worked!  Android booted without issue. 
Thought I would share the experience for anyone else still struggling.

Jumper setting (you will need to set the black jumper to the "eMMC Recovery" position):
https://fossbytes.com/wp-content/uploads...-parts.jpg

Reference:
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Setup

Note: Since I have the Tinker Board S I never tested booting straight from eMMC (as in, pushing the image directly to the board) as I wanted the option to swap out SD cards with different operating systems.

Cheers!