This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDMI signal problems
Hello,

I'm encountering a similar problem I've had in the past. But different this time. https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-2114.html

It seems to be some sort of "ground loop" or something, I'm not experienced on this.

I've connected my TB via HDMI to a TV.

Using an extension cord to power both, my TB and TV, I'm getting HDMI connection problems. I'm seeing the desktop for ~10 seconds, then black. This repeats for three or four times, then everything stays black. When I reboot or restart the TV, this starts again....

When I'm powering via two sepperate wall outlets, everything is working fine, but I'm have to lay an extension cord across the room Sad   ...

If now tried this with two different TV's (Phillips and Telefunken) and both show the same behaviour.

Does anybody else have observed this?
Or even have a suggestion to solve this?
I would bet this is related to bad cable/PSU. Tinkerboard is very power hungry and mUSB is usually not able to deliver sufficient power ...
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
Big Grin 
(08-31-2019, 06:09 PM)igorpec Wrote: I would bet this is related to bad cable/PSU. Tinkerboard is very power hungry and mUSB is usually not able to deliver sufficient power ...

Hey,

I'm sure were speaking about two different things here.

I've made a little picture to illustrate my point. Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)